The People United for Social Honor (P.U.S. H.) strives to protect and advance the social honor of all citizens by providing quality childcare, carried into a comprehensive educational program; while providing consistent parenting resources, access to social/mental health services, and building community awareness with information about important social issues. The goal is to start working with children as young as 18 months old and staying with them, not just through the duration of their time in an individual program, but P.U.S.H. has created a system of programming that carries and supports youth through all of their developmental stages.
The People United for Social Honor (P.U.S.H.) is a 501c(3) human service agency providing child care, parental assistance, educational resources, recreational activities, and social services to strengthen families & communities.
Our executive director, Andrea Vazquez, is a licensed master’s level social worker (LMSW) with a School Building Leadership (SBL) Certification. She has been working at JHS117, a middle school in the South Bronx for the past 12 years as a school social worker; providing individual and group counseling to 6th– 8th grade students. She was a member of the school attendance team and led our Student Intervention Team (SIT), where administrators and counselors discussed students exhibiting difficult behaviors and created behavioral action plans to better ensure their academic success; as well as spearheading the Positive Behavior Incentives and Supports (PBIS) school-wide behavioral system and focused on the improvement of problem areas within the school. Overall, her 12 years with the NYC Department of Education, 10 years as an Adjunct Professor at Concordia College, and 15 years of experience as a licensed master’s social worker (LMSW) will assure your child is getting an enriching and exciting educational experience for your child.
Yonkers Reads Program
Breaking the Cycle Empowerment Program
Little Prodigies Remote Learning Center
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information & to register!
Little Prodigies Educational Child Care Center operates on the premise of L.O.V.E., encouraging learning, presenting opportunities, developing values, and building empathy for children and families. This program is different from other remote learning programs because the focus is given to the whole child and the goal is to follow them through their developmental stages, with thoughtful and enriching school programming through our non-profit organization, P.U.S.H., that will add to their overall sense of consistency and resiliency. Partnering with parents and families is an imperative component to gaining trust and working collaboratively together for the academic, social, emotional, and developmental success of your child.
Parents are included in the creating the developmental plan for their child and are partners in helping them reach their developmental and behavioral goals. Our daycare seeks to put a parent’s mind at ease, while we are caring for their most prized possession and ultimately providing the best childcare possible in their absence. We seek to involve parents in the following ways:
· Every student will receive a Developmental Milestone Plan (DMP) and parents will provide self-reports about home behavior, ultimately assisting and signing off on the plans. Their developmental and behavioral milestones are assessed, a plan is developed to improve their overall functioning, and reassessed every 3 months.
· Parents will have access to an app that will allow them to access the cameras within the facility and an open-door policy, where parents are always welcome.
· Monthly parent-child trips sponsored by Little Prodigies, which are meant to create moments and space of “quality time” between children and parents/caregivers.
· Monthly Saturday Parenting classes: as a licensed social worker and trained in EPIC Parenting classes, parents can attend monthly classes over various topics that pertain to the development of their child; such as, helping my child meet their developmental milestones, addressing behavioral concerns, divorce or separation in the family, navigating entering the school system, ADHD & mental health diagnosis, etc.
· Being a parent can be both rewarding and challenging, and our goal is to assist parents with the supports they need to be the best parent they can be to their children. Referral and counseling support (P.U.S.H. Community Consultation) will be available to all parents and families.
Location: 101-105 Lockwood Ave, Yonkers, NY 10701
Hours: Monday - Friday (8AM - 6PM)
Phone: (914) 584-5906
Email or Call us TODAY to set up a tour and registration appointment!
Copyright © 2021 PEOPLE UNITED FOR SOCIAL HONOR (P.U.S.H.) - All Rights Reserved.